Internet Marketing and Search Optimization
Marketing your business has changed drastically since the days of investing in yellow page ads. It continues to change as new technologies take shape. Should you have a Facebook Page? How about a Twitter account? Should you even be using social media? Does SEO still work? Do I need a mobile website? Should I be using content to market my company? These are some of the many questions that business owners today ask when it comes to searching out the right solution for marketing their company.
Whether your sales are business-to-business or business-to-consumer, your online presence is the most important factor in reaching your customers. Every business owner knows they should optimize their site for search rankings. But what about all of the other forms of internet marketing? We can tell you where to place your focus based on the type of customer you are trying to reach. We can tell you if you should be on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram, Linkedin, etc. and we can effectively develop the accounts that we recommend in order to make your company more visible online.
Here are some of the popular internet marketing services that we offer:
Do you have a brick and mortar business that relies on local customers? You need to optimize your Google Local listing. A well-optimized Google Local listing will get you top rankings in the search results. When your potential customers search for your products or services on their desktop or mobile device, your listing will appear within the top results. Optimizing your local listing involves:
- Building authority to your website. This means getting sites that are relevant to your industry to link to your website. For more competitive industries, this is the most important ranking factor to address.
- Building citations on relevant sites. Citations are listing for your business name, address and phone number on other websites like niche directories as well as broad category sites like online yellow pages. The more citations you have, the better rankings you'll achieve. Citations have to be done correctly or you can end up confusing search engines and dropping in the search results
- Customer Reviews are another very important factor in your local search rankings. Reviews are a signal to search engines that your business is active. You need at least 10 reviews on Google. Once you reach 25 reviews, you'll see a jump in your local search rankings.
Do you want more national or international customers? Search engines are the best way to help them find you. However, the national search arena is probably the toughest to compete in today. Search engines are constantly changing their algorithms. If you don't keep up with the changes, you'll struggle to find any success. Our experts aren't newbies trying to learn SEO by experimenting with our clients like most of the SEO companies out there. We were doing SEO before it was called SEO. Here are the most important factors for ranking nationally in search results:
- Building authority to your website. Yep, just like local search, building authority through incoming links is the most important. Google introduced incoming links as a top ranking factor in the 1990's and it is still the most important today. Link building isn't for the faint of heart. In fact, when Google's Penguin and Panda updates rolled out in early 2011, many seasoned SEO experts were forced to shrug their shoulders and bow out of the industry after seeing their clients organic search disappear overnight. When done correctly, link building will be your greatest asset. Do it wrong and you're likely to get slapped with a Google penalty that your site may never overcome. With more than 13 successful years of experience, we can help you build the authority your website needs to rank well.
- On site Optimization. This involves making sure you have implemented all of the recommended best practices within your website. This includes things like writing good titles and descriptions for each web page and making sure they fit within the recommended character length. On-site optimization is quite comprehensive, but will yield dramatic results when done correctly. There is some debate about whether inbound links or onsite optimization is more important. We would simply suggest that even with the most correctly implemented onsite optimizations on your site, without any relevant incoming links, your site won't rank very well. We know how to optimize your website for best rankings.
- Lots of Unique Content. Search engines use the content on your site to determine what your site is about. Your content is also used to match searches with. The more content you have on your site, the more searches Google can match to it. Whether you have an ecommerce store selling products or you're a service related business promoting the services you sell, we can help you write great content that will rank well in the search engines and also convert into sales.
Social Media Marketing
Social media is a great way to share the content of your website. As you build a good social following, you'll find that traffic to your website will grow with it. The key to social media marketing is reaching the right audience. Let us take the guesswork out of this challenging and ever changing marketing opportunity. With a simple consultation, we can select the social accounts that are right for your business and begin working to develop them into revenue generating gold mines. While each social platform is different, the formula for each is much the same:
- Post interesting and engaging content.
- Build your following.
- Engage with your audience.
This strategy educates potential customers about your business, builds awareness, gives you insights into what your customers are interested in, and ultimately drives sales. We can put together campaigns that will help you get the most out of your social following. We can also help you run ads that will pinpoint target you ideal customers. This is an area of internet marketing that many smaller companies neglect, but really has the potential to dramatically increase traffic and sales.
Pay Per Click Marketing
Google's latest algorithm changes were really geared towards making the vast majority of businesses pay to play. While we don't recommend PPC as a primary and long term marketing strategy, we know that it is very effective in helping you begin generating revenue. We are experts at managing Google Adwords campaigns. We don't practice a “set it and forget it” approach like other marketing companies do. We know the key to getting the most out of Google for the best price. When done correctly, you can pay 50% less for your ads and still have your ads appear at the top of the search results. Achieving this includes:
- Getting the highest quality score. A quality score for an ad contributes to the overall amount you will pay per click. The higher the quality score, the less you will pay per click. The quality score involves matching the content of your ad with the content of the landing page. Our goal for a quality score is 9/10 or higher.
- Getting a click through rate of 2% or higher. Your click through rate tells Google how relevant your ad is to the search terms you are targeting. A poor click through rate will result in your ads appearing lower in the search results. You'll also pay more per click. If your click through rate is higher, you'll pay less for your ads and your ads will appear higher. This is critical in industries where your competitors have a large budget and can afford to pay more per click. Even if they bid higher for keywords, your ads will rank higher if you have a better quality score and click through rate.
- Eliminate negative keywords. Negative keywords are words that are not relevant. For instance, a child adoption agency would want to eliminate “pet adoption” from their searches even though “adoption” is in the keyword phrase. Eliminating negative keywords contributes to a higher click through rate.
We offer a FREE internet marketing consultation. We'll review your website, your target market, your current internet presence and any other factors we feel are relevant and then give you a proposal with recommendations on what will work for your business. Contact us today for your FREE consultation.